Monday, August 6, 2012

We get to work!


This morning started with a visit to the police station. We needed to declare that we have entered Norway. We also wanted to check on the status of our visa applications. After a short wait in line, we were informed that our visas have been approved! This means that we are officially able to work in Norway! After a quick happy dance, we headed downtown so we could grab some lunch and go visit my new school. We were able to meet with the principal as well as get a tour of the school. It is a beautiful school. It sounds like I will be the Year 10 class teacher as well as teaching Years 9, 10 and 11 Science, Year 10 Home Economics and Year 10 Religion. I'm sure it will be a fun and eventful school year. School starts for me next Thursday, August 16th but I already have homework to do!
This is my new school, Birralee International School. My classes will be up on the 4th floor. The classroom on the top floor all the way to the right is the Science room!


Hooray! This is where I will be working this year!


5 comments:

  1. So glad you're safe and apparently well cared for (thank you Miles and Kristen!!). I'm so interested to hear that you will be teaching a couple of new subjects -- we all know how good you are at home ec projects -- what kind of religion? You will be great!!

    Love you lots,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome school. Take pics inside once you're in there, it looks so pretty on the outside! Religion? Can't wait to hear about that. Home Ec? Can't wait to see what cute projects you come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! It looks like a beautiful school and they are sooooo very lucky to have you. I walked in to your room just the other day and was sad that you wouldn't be in there... Yet once again, after seeing all of these pictures and hearing about your adventures, I am a tad jealous. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Perhaps you can put a video post up sometime of your happy dance. :D Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That school IS beautiful! So happy for you! I would also like video of the happy dance...and of you teaching religon and home ec. Pretty please? :P You'll do awesome because Becca = awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete