Friday, October 12, 2012

Temporary Apartment #2

The lease on our original temporary apartment was up at the end of September and we couldn't move into our own place until October 7th, so we had a one week gap that we needed a place to stay. Thankfully Daniel's company was able to put us up for a week at the company apartment. The two apartments are only about 700m apart, so moving was really easy! We put all of our things into bags and suitcases and walked over. It did take several trips but thankfully the weather was really nice.

The company apartment is HUGE! I think that it is approximately 3 times bigger than the first place that we stayed. Two bedrooms, a large bathroom, a giant living room/dining room area and a real kitchen.

We decided that we didn't really want to unpack too much, since we were only staying there for a week. So we lived for the week out of bags and suitcases. We didn't buy many groceries and kept cooking pretty simple. I didn't even do laundry that week! It definitely felt like we were in limbo but I am very thankful that we were able to stay there.

The week was a pretty normal week. The weather was absolutely beautiful for most of the week. The average high temperature for the week was about 15 C (about 59 F) with lows around 4 C (about 39 F). There was very little rain and beautiful blue skies. The leaves are all changing as well. It is definitely fall here.

In other news, Daniel and I both got our national ID cards. We now have easy to carry around proof that we are allowed to be in Norway for an extended period of time. I also got carded while buying a single bottle of beer. You have to be 18 in Norway to buy beer. When the cashier asked me for ID, I probably gave her a completely confused look. I've been told that I look younger that I am, but 18? Really?!

1 comment: